Cadbury Quality Reports Desktop Application
Cadbury India is one of the largest and well renowned chocolate manufacturing company in India. Cadbury India operates in four categories viz. Chocolate Confectionery, Milk Food Drinks, Candy and Gum category. Some key brands introduced in India include Cadbury Dairy Milk, Perk, Gems, Eclairs, Five Star, Celebrations etc. Cadbury India’s Malanpur (Gwalior) plant required software for its Quality Testing department.
Basic Preliminaries Requirement:-
- The client required application to record all the readings generated during the quality testing of the products.
- They required an entry form for recording physical readings of products that included their parameters and sub-parameters.
- The parameter and sub-parameter entry form should have product name, parameter name, sub-parameter name (in sub-parameter format), No. of readings, Reading type manual or using formula, Standard high and low.
- They also required a Formula generator for reports preparation. The software should also be able to calculate mean, mode, Standard Deviation.
- The Entry form should include products name, parameter name, sub-parameter name, date of experiment, values obtained, shift of the user, No. of defected items.
- And according to the above formats, the various reports should be formed.
- The software should have multi-user access.
- We provided a desktop software application which fulfilled all the basic preliminaries requirements.
- The application had four different types of forms to record the data and readings, and all forms were linked together.
- The Product Form is just the entry or registering name of product. Linked to the particular product Parameter Form is provided. User has to enter the product name, parameter name, readings in terms of either direct reading or sub-parameter. If it is sub-parameter reading then enter the no. of sub-parameter and save it or if it is direct reading enter no. of readings to be taken.
- After reading entries from parameter form the user is required fill the sub-parameter form which includes product name, parameter name, sub-parameter name and no .of readings to be taken.
- Now, parameter entry format and sub-parameter entry format proceed in the same way. User has to fill the reading type as manual or using formula, std. High and Std. low and save it. Here user can also view data-list which contains all the records stored and can find any particular data to update or delete.
- If the reading type is by using formula then user has to fill formula maker. The formula maker includes which type of function is to be performed i.e. Average, If, custom formula is to be applied user has to provide parameter and sub-parameter name, formula used.
- The last is Value Entry form in which user save the readings or value obtained from the quality testing machines. This form includes the product name, parameter name, date, shift of user, readings obtained and the number of defected items.
- And finally various reports are made on the basis of calculation performed on the given entries.
Process Capability Report: – “Cpk” is an index which measures how close a process is running to its specified limits, relative to the natural variability of the process. Cpk will be higher only when we are meeting the target consistently with minimum variation.”
Cpl = (Mean – Lower Standard Limit)/3*(Standard deviation)
Cpu = (Upper Standard Limit-Mean)/3*(Standard deviation)
Cpk = Min(Cpl, Cpu)
DPM Report: – DPM Report shows about the details of no. of defected item. The DPM value can be calculated as :
DPM value = (defected pieces / total no. of pieces)*1000000
It gives date-to-date update along with shift.
DPM Summary Report:-
QMI Report: – QMI means Quality Measurement Index Report. This report shows the percentage of chocolate and moisture content in the product in order to maintain or measure product quality. This report could be taken as monthly or weekly.
Process Control Report: – This report is used to check the status of the process being carried on. This report compares the readings with the standard values and on the basis of this generates Average, Standard Deviation, QMI, CPk values.
Product Report: – This report shows the percentage of indigents present in a particular product along with the physical parameter such as temperature, viscosity etc.