Star Eyeglasses E-Commerce Store Website
Stareyeglasses is a global prescription lab and optical retail shop based primarily in Finland. The firm also has its presence in India. It is one of the leading optical retailer shop. Stareyeglasses possesses a very wide range of eye glasses collection and various optical solution offered to the costumers online. The product range offered includes frames in multiple colors along with stylish looks at affordable prices. The costumer even has the liberty to preview the appearance of the glasses before actually buying and ordering prescription power lenses.
Basic Preliminaries Requirements
- Star Eye Glasses required a web application through which users can buy eye glasses online. Their primary requirement was a B2C (Business to Consumers)i.e. direct selling model E-Commerce website.
- Registration facility for users who wanted to create an account and after registration dispatch of confirmatory E-mail addressed to the user notifying registration.
- Catalog view of various eye glasses in various styles, colors, frames, materialsand pricing points.
- Multiple Currency support and details of eye glasses along with multiple language viewing options.
- They desired to provide a facility of “Virtual Try Eye” to user before purchasing, through which user could try eye glasses and preview their appearance via an uploaded photo or available model’s photo.
- After selecting the particular eye glass to buy, user could enter the prescription of their left and right eye along with lens type the user desired.
- They wanted that user could login at anytime or could buy without login. User would have to provide the Shipping address and shipping method desired for the delivery.
- Online payment facility would be provided via Pay pal, Debit Card, Credit Card or Master Card.
- They wanted to provide order tracking facility for the user.
- Product Management: Add, edit and update options for the information about the eye glasses.
- Checking order details: new orders, completed orders, shipped orders, orders in processes and cancelled orders details could be viewed.
- Introducing various schemes and offers to attract the customers.
- To generate the payment bills and manage courier services.
- Inventory Controls.
- Multiple Currency support.
- Multiple Language management.
- Active, Banned and deletion of user.
- “Virtual Eye Try” was one of the most challenging problems faced. In order to provide facility to the user to upload photo.
- Option to the User to be able to get photos from their FACEBOOK profile to try glasses.
- We would have to keep record of customers who shop without Login and Order Tracking.
- Multiple Currency Support and online payment facility was also one of the paramount prerequisites.
- Antasoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Provided a web based application which would satisfy all the preliminaries requirement stated by StarEyeGlasses. Through which user could buy any eye glasses online, also without login.
- The catalog was formed in such a way that eye glasses are categorized according to Men’s Women’s, Colors options and Frames (like Titanium, metal, plastic etc.).
- User could select any glasses in order to view its details.
- User could use “Virtual Eye Try” to decide the one with the best appearance. After selecting the particular eye glass user would go through the buying procedure. User would have to set the prescription of their eyes and lens type required. User could also choose not to do so.
- If any user haven’t login yet, then they could login here also or could also proceed without login into account.
- User could also enter discount coupon no. if they possessed one and then provide the desired Shipping Address and Method for delivery of product. Online payment facility was also provided otherwise user could avail the facility cash payment on home delivery.
- This web application was build using PHP and MySQL
Virtual Eye Try
Virtual Eye Try is the facility provided to user through which user could try various eye glasses and decide upon the one with best appearance by uploading a photo.
StarEyeGlasses was provided with the facility of an online blog so that they could reach to their costumers online and address any needs of the costumers via a discussion forum online.costumers could put forward their thoughts regarding the products. The company would be able to share their expertise and knowledge regarding the advancements.